Used in dual-production systems for fiber and grain, CRS-1 has often been used in organic production systems for additional weed competition thanks to its tall stature.
CRS-1 end use varies based upon where it is grown. Currently, it competes well as a fibre variety in the northern latitudes of Canada. In the USA, CRS-1 is not as tall, resulting in good harvestability for both organic and conventional systems.
- Registered in 2006
- Large seeded, dioecious variety
- End uses: food, fiber, and CBD
- High grain yielder
- Kernel weight: 20 grams/1000 seeds
- Time of flowering: 45-55 days after seeding
- Disparity of female flowering to male flowering: 8-10 days
- Plant height at 50 degrees latitude: 150-200 cm
- Days to maturity: ~110+ days
BASED ON GEOGRAPHY
Verve varieties are well adapted to Canadian Latitudes. US and International interested customers should note our varieties are best suited to growing North of the 40 Degree Latitude due to being photoperiod sensitive varieties.